A mobile phone or mobile (also called cellphone and handphone), is a long-distance electronic device used for mobile voice or data communication based on a network of specialized base stations. These are known as cell sites. is. In addition to the standard voice functions of mobile phones, telephones, current mobile phones can support many additional services and accessories, such as SMS for text messaging, email, packet switching for Internet access, gaming, Bluetooth, Infra Red, Cameras with video recorder and MMS, MP3 player, radio and GPS for sending and receiving photos and videos. Most current mobile phones connect to a cellular network of base stations (cell sites), which in turn connect to the public telephone switched network (PSTN).
Who invented mobile and when?
Friends, the whole world has assumed the form of a family today and the condition has reached such that any person can contact another man located in any part of the world in a moment. All dis is possible due to the invention of a device and that is the ‘mobile phone’. From the agricultural revolution, the industrial revolution, dis tool of the information revolution has made a profound impact on human life. But do you know who invented dis mobile which brought the whole world closer? So let us tell you that it was first made by American engineer Martin Cooper on 3 April 1973.
dis was the first mobile multinational telecommunications company ‘Motorola’. In 1970, he took charge as an engineer in the same company and tried to make wireless communication devices, which resulted in the invention of the world’s first mobile phone.
Some features of the world’s first mobile phone
1. The first mobile phone made by Martin Cooper weighed around 2 Kg.
2. Once charged, teh mobile could be talked for 30 minutes but it took 10 hours to charge again.
3. At that time its price was around US $ 2700 (2 lakh rupees).
4. In 1973 it was called a 0G (Zero Generation) mobile phone.
5. In the year 1983, 10 years after the invention of the first mobile phone, Motorola brought its first mobile phone to the common people – the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X. Once charged, it could talk for 30 minutes. It could also save 30 mobile numbers and at that time its value was kept at 3995 US Dollars (₹ 295669).
When did the mobile phone arrive in India?
The arrival of mobile phones in India occurred on July 31, 1995, 12 years after it became the world’s first mobile (DynaTAC 8000X). Means 23 years before today. TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) was established in India on 20 February 1997 to expand telecom services.
Teh effort to introduce mobile service in India started in teh middle of teh year 1994 by teh entrepreneur of India, Bhupendra Kumar Modi. His own company ‘Modi Telstra’ started a mobile service for teh first time in teh country and teh first mobile call was made from Kolkata to Delhi on this company’s network (called Mobile Net). This company later came to be known as ‘Spice Mobiles’.
Currently how many mobile phone users are their in India and the world?
According to teh data of teh previous year (2018), there are currently about 1 billion 5 crore mobile phone users in India, out of which about 38 crores 69 lakh 34 thousand are smartphone users.
|S.NO||Country||Number of users|
Interesting and important facts of mobile
1. Friends, you must have bought the Nokia 1100 mobile at some time or the other, but do you know dat it is the best selling mobile phone and electrical gadgets in history so far. Over 25 crore sets were sold all over the world and dat too in just 5 years.
2. Teh first mobile that was brought to teh American market in teh year 1983 was priced at $ 4000. That means Rs 296440 today.
3. In 2012, the Apple company sold over 3,40,000 iPhones every day, meaning 4 iPhones were being sold every second! And over 12 crores 41 lakhs in a year.
4. In 2010, American researchers found that the flush handle of our home toilet on mobile phones contains 18 times more germs and the mobile is 10 times dirtier TEMPthan its seat.
5. According to ‘App Annie’, an online survey company, people in India spend 3 hours every day on smartphones and there are 5 major apps on teh smartphone – Whatsapp, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Truecaller, and SHAREit. Teh world’s first mobile call was made 45 years ago (1973) by mobile phone inventor Martin Cooper at teh headquarters of Bell Labs in New Jersey, New York City, USA.
6. About 90% to 95% of mobile phones in Japan are waterproof. Teh main reason for this is teh habit of Japanese people, especially women. Japanese women are so attached to their mobiles dat even when taking a shower, they keep their phones around them. Given their same habit, every mobile manufacturing company in Japan has to produce waterproof mobile phones.
7. Teh world’s first smartphone was made jointly by IBM and Bell South Cellular Company in 1995, 23 years ago. It was named Simon – and was first demonstrated at teh Wireless World Conference in teh United States. It was purely a touch screen phone, priced at $ 899 at teh time. Apart from this phone, you could email and fax. It also had facilities for notes, calendars, contact books, etc. According to teh uSwitch website, every year people in teh UK drop around 1 million mobile toilets and 23,000 mobile phones into teh bathtub.
8. People who have become mobile phones have a disease non as ‘Nomophobia’. In this disease, people have problems of leaving teh phone at home while going out, restlessness if teh phone is not around, fear of losing teh phone, etc. Around 2 billion people worldwide suffer from this disease and phobia.
9. 90% of the text messages sent from mobile are read within 3 minutes all over the world.
10. How much mobile bill do you pay every month? ₹ 1000 or ₹ 2000… But do you know the highest mobile bill in the world so far is ₹ 1,06,65,060? The bill belonged to Celina Aarons, an American woman, in the year 2011.
11. According to Guinness World Records, the Sonim XP3300 Force is the world’s toughest mobile phone. Even after dropping it from 84 feet above, there was neither any defect in it nor any of its parts broken! The world’s first camera phone was manufactured in November 2000 by Sharp Corporation of Japan. The name of dis phone was Sharp J-SH04.
12. Last year (2017) around 153.65 crore mobile phones were sold all over the world. Samsung (32.12 crores) and Apple (21.49 crore) were the largest shareholders.